Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Jumping Ship

Back during the holiday party frenzy of December a very dear friend of mine posted a picture somewhere in the social media universe of the Wordpress holiday party. I'd been considering making the move over to that platform for a while, but I had no earthly idea how to do it. And it hit me. I should ask him for help. He was at the party because he is a, well I'm going to be honest, I don't know what he is. Because I don't understand anything about anything when it comes to computers. But he was part of the team that made Quartz this fall, which is a really cool news site. So yes, he was part of a really big website launch this fall. He'd been working insane hours for months. His wife, who is one of my best friends in the universe, hadn't spent time with him in ages. I thought I'd be an all around super human and ask him to spend his precious free time helping me. Seriously, I am an asshole.

It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I actually contacted him about it. Not because I was trying to give him extra time to get acclimated to life now that Quartz was live. Remember? Asshole. It was because I'm lazy. Being he is a unfailingly kind person he totally hooked me up. And today the blog is up and running in its new location with its new domain name.

So now I'm going to be that jerk who asks you to do extra work in order to read my blog. And I hate that. The fact that anyone is reading my stuff continues to thrill and delight me. I know you are using your valuable time, I don't want to ask you for more when you are already showing up. But I'm not going to update here anymore. Will you please come join me at unhonest.com?  I think that most of you guys who are kind enough to read come through the link I post on FB. So you won't have any trouble finding me. Am I in your RSS feed? Will you please update the address to unhonest.com? Thanks. And if you aren't interested in sticking around to hear more about my scintillating bowel movements I totally get it. Thanks for staying as long as you did.

T. You know, standing on the heating register and making out with a corn chip.

Don't be fooled by his sweet little face...he really is so wonderful and cuddly and...Damn it! He fooled me again.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous13/2/13 21:19

    C looks so big in this pic!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's had a major growth spirt since we saw you, he seems much more toddler like!

      Delete